For a Friend in the RCAF

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rovercat

Status
Not open for further replies.

rovercat

I havbe a friend in the Canadian Air force that is going to Afiganistan Feb 17, 2007
Gary is in search and rescue and flies a C-130 Hurc. He is the Guy that got me into this wood turning. I do have a printer that will print water slide decals also.

910_pen%20for%20Gary%20002%20Large%20e-mail%20view.jpg

229_pen%20for%20Gary%20005%20Large%20e-mail%20view.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBone

He will love that pen, but then who wouldn't? It looks great. Did you say those are decals that you printed? I've never heard of being able to print your own decals. Details?

rovercat

TBone
I have an Alps printer. They are no longer made but can be found used on eBay. They print photo quality and water proof. Besides being the only printer that will print white they also print Metallic Silver, Gold. Megenta and Cyan.

JimGo

Neat pen Brian! I'm sure he'll love it. Please wish him a safe tour of duty from us, and thank him for helping to make the world a safer place.

I'd like to hear even more about the printer, like how you got it to print on the blank! But I don't want to derail the thread. Would you mind starting another one with info?

rovercat

In this case I thinned a two part epoxy that I use in fly rod building. I have a drying motor that turns at 30 rpm and I made the epoxy so thin it took about 7 hours to set. Sanded it smooth and polished with plastic polish at 3,500 rpm. The decals are water proof but it is a good idea to sprat a clear Ceylon if you are not sure of the compatibility of the product used to finish.
Brian

GaryMadore

Guys,

I had no idea that Brian was up to something when he asked which squadron I am currently with. Then this pen arrived today and the proverbial light came on.

As I told Brian in a "thank you" email, I was almost as choked up when I looked at this pen as I was on the day my son was born.

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. I am leaving soon for a 7 month tour in Kandahar and will have this pen, and your well wishes, with me 24/7

Cheers!

Gary
"On Wings of Fire"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom