For a friend in AZ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I offered to make a pen for a member in Arizona. I will let that person self identify if desired. The wood is American Elm taken from a fallen tree that was planted at the Pentagon and, felled by a storm in 2006. Chrome Cigar with CA finish. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0884.JPG
    IMG_0884.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0887.JPG
    IMG_0887.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 133
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

t001xa22

Chuck, the pen is absolutely beautiful. Your grain and color line matching seems to be perfect. With such pronounced colors, that really sets the pen off to me. Really nice job.

Bree

Sweet Chuck! I have a big block of Elm from the LAST elm tree in Franklinville NY. Cored out a couple of bowls from a small limb block but the big block (About 300 or 400 pounds worth) Still need to be chain sawed down. I'll get a bunch of pen blanks out of the scrap. So if ya need more just let me know.
:wink::wink::wink:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you friends!

Bree!:biggrin: Good job grabbing up some of that tree. Thanks for the offer and, I'll keep that in mind. Would like to see some pics of your bowls. Thanks for the compliment.

Bree

Thank you friends!

Bree!:biggrin: Good job grabbing up some of that tree. Thanks for the offer and, I'll keep that in mind. Would like to see some pics of your bowls. Thanks for the compliment.

Two bowls are bagged in chips so they are a few months out. 2nd half of the small log (14") is waxed and waiting for coring on my McNaughton rig. I had to wait cuz I wanted to get the tailstock on my 3520B out of the way. So I ordered a Robust Tilt O Matic which arrived this week. I got it installed and now the tailstock rotates off the plane of the ways... completely off the plane.

Very heavy duty piece of equipment and well worth the $350 I paid for it. So I will be coring out the second block and then using some of that Cedarshield I got awhile back to fast dry one of the cores. See what I can do with it and post back.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Wow! :eek: Thanks for the update Bree. The stuff you have there makes my mouth water. :redface::bulgy-eyes: Will be watching for results.

Woodlvr

Fantastic. Beautiful pen, congrats Sharon. I am just curious how someone would be able to get the wood from the tree? I guess its "who you know". It is awesome that you can make a beautiful writing instrument with materials that has a "true meaning" for someone to cherish.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Fantastic. Beautiful pen, congrats Sharon. I am just curious how someone would be able to get the wood from the tree? I guess its "who you know". It is awesome that you can make a beautiful writing instrument with materials that has a "true meaning" for someone to cherish.
Pretty close! Thanks for the compliment.

Top Bottom