Fly fishing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

Fly fishing lure pen with cork background, set in poly resin, black titanium and rhodium accents.

Attachments

• DSC_1027 - Copy (2).jpg
    DSC_1027 - Copy (2).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 567
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Akula

no, I didnt tie them...next I have to figure out how to get them to lay flat so they don't look smashed!
=socdad;1719435]Very nice, did you tie the flies?
[/QUOTE]

clip/trim the backside and they will lay flat against the blank

if there are "wings" on the front side, you can bend them up or to the side so the fly keeps it looks

Marko50

I tie my own flies.... never thought of doing this though! WOW! I like it a lot! Great job!

paintspill

Great. I've been wanting to do one of these for so long. I am just getting into casting. Think it's coming soon. Did you drill and turn cork as your base or is it something else. I have to make one to send to my cousin.

SDB777

Lyn ties a huge number of dry, wet, nymphs, and streamers for our use on the world class fishery we have here in Arkansas....I keep saying I'm going to do a few fly-fishing themed pens. Unfortunately, I know how deadly(if I chose to eat the fish we catch-but I hate the taste of trout) her flies are, so I keep 'not doing' them.

I might have to breakdown and cast a few now.........inspiring!

Scott (nicely done) B

Lathemaster

My dad was a master fly creator for trout fishing in Va. When he passed I got a pouch of his favorites. Been working on the same concept and ironically started covering some tubes with carbon fiber.

Great pen and the cork is a great touch. Like all the suggestions here as well. Always a talented group.

Cheers
Mike

Top Bottom