Fly Fishing Reel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from palmermethod

palmermethod

Made this for my son-in-law. Flyreel out of 6061 aluminum, delrin and engine turned a bit. My first effort and it came out pretty well. :)
PM

Attachments

• _1.jpg
    _1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 229
  • _2.jpg
    _2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 178
  • _3.jpg
    _3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 135
  • _4.jpg
    _4.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 132
  • No._01_Dan.jpg
    No._01_Dan.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 128
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

That is, I mean smoly cow, I hope the wife doesn't get a chance to see this....don't know if the wallet could handle this soon close to Christmas....:eek:

She is the fly-fishing person in this household, and she would definitely give me away to have some thing like this on a 3wt rod!

Scott (you have skilz) B

palmermethod

Thanks Scott.. I do a better job on the reels than my Pens. Just not an adequate penturner. Although I did "try" to turn the aluminum of my midi wood lathe. Started out badly then went downhill. So if I continue building these I believe I'll get a "MiniMill".

This is for my son-in-law so maybe I can embarrass him to take me fishing. Our last trip was to Rocky Mountain Park where I have a lifetime pass. :)
Merry Christmas Scott.......
PM

drgoretex

Almost missed this post. What an amazing piece of work! That reel is gorgeous!

That's a hobby waiting for me...I have all the parts and peices for a nice 3-4 wt brass reel, but have been too busy with pens lately to get to it. Used to makes a lot of fly rods, but haven't for over a year now. Must get back to that.

Anyhow, congrats on a nice piece of work, and Merry Christmas!

Ken

palmermethod

Almost missed this post. What an amazing piece of work! That reel is gorgeous!

That's a hobby waiting for me...I have all the parts and peices for a nice 3-4 wt brass reel, but have been too busy with pens lately to get to it. Used to makes a lot of fly rods, but haven't for over a year now. Must get back to that.
Anyhow, congrats on a nice piece of work, and Merry Christmas!
Ken

Ken thank you and the others for their nice comments. Appreciate it. As did my son-in-law earlier today. He thought I got him an antique reel. I am thinking of getting a metal minilathe as well as a minimill. I have been working with my wood lathe, files, grinders and sanders and it was harder than I think it should be. I'm starting on my second this week. :)
PM

Top Bottom