Flooded basement

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Well got up this morning to find almost two inches of water in my basement. I have been battling it all day long. I have never had water like this before and it isn't fun at all. Well back to in the hole for me..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
My basement is not finished but I do make my pens there. I have of course dried that area up. The water table here is so high it is just coming up through the floor no leak just water table.

tim self

When I moved into my house 10 yrs ago, there was a large hole in the basement floor. I figured it had been an old well as it was rock lined and about 10 ft down. After finding about 3-4" of water in the floor one day I found out the real use for it. It is a relief well to allow ground water to be removed before the basement could flood. I had to remove all that water with a wet/dry vac. Now it's equipped with a sump pump just for that purpose.

Good luck with the labor.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
We'll keep you in our prayers Mike. Hope none of your pens were effected. Is there any thing you and do to keep the water out?

I am not sure Dan if there is anything I can do. This is the first time it has done this. I am thinking about getting someone to come look but who. Is this a plumber thing or a mason thing? I think a recess in the floor would be a great start then I can keep a sump pump in it?

carlmorrell

We had one on the house we grew up in. At first we just had a small hole. And the pump sat over the hole with a pipe dropping down. Years later, we put a much larger hole in, like 2 feet x 2 feet x 2 feet. and lined it with bricks. Then we kept a sump pump in the hole permanently with a float switch. It keep the basement from flooding every time it rained. But we still got overrun a few times in the 60 years they lived there. :frown:

Top Bottom