FLGAPG Schedule

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

roddesigner

For anyone interested I am bring down 2 tents for shows
1- EZup selling for $40.00
1-CraftHut selling that for $150- Crafthut is currently being sold by Flourish all arts are still available

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'm at the Magnunsen: 21252 US Highway 19N.

If anyone going to dinner tonight wants to car pool, PM me your hotel by 7:30 and I'll pick you up.

I'll also volunteer to be a Des. Driver!!!

ladycop322

Day 1

What a wonderful day! We had so much fun at Day 1 of the gathering. Thank you to Jonathon Brooks for teaching me about fountain pen care and maintenance as well as Jim Swank and casting postage stamps! I learned a lot. I appreciate the audience participation while I was teaching watch parts blanks! Glad you all were so focused on learning my technique! The door prizes were a big hit (thanks to all who donated) and I thought the Pen Swap was awesome! Mark James thank you for the information and history about the IAP Collection too!

See you all tomorrow!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
A very great day! Congrats to the FLGAPG planners - A great start to hopefully a third regular annual meeting.

For me... today was especially nice to put faces to names.

AND... I was surprised and thrilled to receive/accept 2 more pens for the IAP Collection from another of the original contacts!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm slowly rounding the troops). I'll make a formal thread when I get home and take proper pictures. Hint - He is not from Florida, and it's his offseason...

AND... I ended up in a pen swap with Jonothan Brooks :eek:! :bananen_smilies051:

Folks; these regional meetings are way cool. :good::good::good:

bobleibo

A very great day! Congrats to the FLGAPG planners - A great start to hopefully a third regular annual meeting.

For me... today was especially nice to put faces to names.

AND... I was surprised and thrilled to receive/accept 2 more pens for the IAP Collection from another of the original contacts!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm slowly rounding the troops). I'll make a formal thread when I get home and take proper pictures. Hint - He is not from Florida, and it's his offseason...

AND... I ended up in a pen swap with Jonothan Brooks :eek:! :bananen_smilies051:

Folks; these regional meetings are way cool. :good::good::good:

We look forward to the pictures for us on the other side of the country... don't forget the names to go with them :)

Thanks Mark

ladycop322

It means so much to me that each of you left with more knowledge, a few door prizes, full tummies, and smiles on your faces!

I'm not sure how to post pics on here so if I can email to someone who can, please let me know.

A huge thank you to my demonstrators:

Jonathon Brooks - Fountain Pen Maintenance and Kitless

Jon David Jones - Decals and Labels

Jim Swank - Postage Stamps and Bottlecaps

Thank you to Woodcraft for the use of their facility. We could not have had such a successful event without you!

To the Vendors:

Jonathon Brooks - Blanks
Classic Nib - need I say more? xoxoxoxo
Mike Allen - Blanks
Eugene Soto - Blanks Worthless Wood, etc.
Jim Swank - Bottle cap blanks and Stamp blanks
Larry C. - Light up ID tags and pouches

Thank you to all who donated door prizes! Wow!!! is all I can say, lol. We had so much to give away, I think everyone took at least one prize home! I can't thank you all enough for your generosity! Thank you to TonyL (although he couldn't make it) for acquiring all the door prizes. I want to name all of you but fear I might forget one and upset somebody, so I will say thank you to ALL of you and leave it at that!

Jon David Jones, I could not have done this without you! You were definitely my backbone throughout all of this! Thank you for donating lunch. We ate well and didn't need to leave the building! You are a special person, stay that way!

Last but not least, I would like to thank ALL who attended. This event would not have been as successful if you all didn't take the time and money to come and make new friends, learn a little more, and win prizes :)

Believe it or not, I am now planning a much bigger and better FLGAPG for 2017! We will have hands on for those who would like to attend. Workshops! Yes, you will leave with something you make! Woot Woot! More demos, more vendors! I am so excited and it's a year away! Here we go again!

ladycop322

Mark James - I forgot to add you above...thank you so much for bringing the IAP Collection of Pens to the FLGAPG! I enjoyed looking at the collection of talent you carry around <3

Thank you thank you thank you!

DaddyO

Mark James - I forgot to add you above...thank you so much for bringing the IAP Collection of Pens to the FLGAPG! I enjoyed looking at the collection of talent you carry around <3

Thank you thank you thank you!

Great event to attend. Michelle did an excellent job! The demonstrators, vendors, and giveaways were fantastic. I cannot wait to attend next year.

Mark

OKLAHOMAN

Dee and I wish we could have been there, but Jon did an outstanding job filling in for us as Vendors. Michelle from all I have heard back from, you are to be congratulated on all fronts, everyone has said you were just outstanding in getting this off the ground as if it's been done for years. Maybe next year.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Wish I could have been there. Looks like you've started a nice tradition. Knowing how stressful it can be, seems as though you did a great job.

ladycop322

I feel AWFUL! I forgot to thank Paul Hirt for designing and adding pertinent information to the FLGAPG website....

THANK YOU PAUL....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

pianomanpj

Well I finally made it home late last night from the FLGAPG - yes, the airline screwed me on the return trip home, too...

I would like to to thank Michelle for such an incredible job she did in putting the FLGAPG together; it was an absolute blast! I got to meet many members whom I only knew as screen names and avatars, got my dirty little mitts on the pens in the IAP collection, and learned LOTS from all the demonstrations.

I'd also like to thank all the vendors for so graciously taking my money, and lots of it. :wink:

And I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout-out to my buddy, Jonathon Brooks. We had a fun, yet sometimes crazy, long weekend. And I wouldn't have traded it for the world. I am truly blessed.

I am VERY excited about the FLGAPG for next year. I just know Michelle will knock this out of the park! :biggrin:

Brooks803

Well I finally made it home late last night from the FLGAPG - yes, the airline screwed me on the return trip home, too...

I would like to to thank Michelle for such an incredible job she did in putting the FLGAPG together; it was an absolute blast! I got to meet many members whom I only knew as screen names and avatars, got my dirty little mitts on the pens in the IAP collection, and learned LOTS from all the demonstrations.

I'd also like to thank all the vendors for so graciously taking my money, and lots of it. :wink:

And I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout-out to my buddy, Jonathon Brooks. We had a fun, yet sometimes crazy, long weekend. And I wouldn't have traded it for the world. I am truly blessed.

I am VERY excited about the FLGAPG for next year. I just know Michelle will knock this out of the park! :biggrin:

LOL....That will NEVER get old! If only everyone knew the story behind that. :angel::devil:

The FLGAPG was a great success and I can only imagine it getting better. It was great meeting new faces here from IAP. Also seeing those that I've met at previous events. Can't wait for next year!

campzeke

I posted this is another FLGAPG thread but here it is again with a couple of additions.

Vendors, Attendees and other meeting info.

Attachments

• FLGAPG.pdf
    28.8 KB · Views: 184
Top Bottom