Flame Sheoak Allocasurina Inophloia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenPal

I have had this log for many years and before I broke it down these pics show the characteristics of the tree.The timber is also called Hairy Oak,certainly the first pic demonstrates this feature the bark is dense, hair like,almost like layers of pine needles,is a member of the Casurina family,native to Australia and found in the north of in Queensland.
Pic1.Shows across the log face.
Pic2 A thin slice across.
Pic3 Blanks cut with the grain.
Pic4 Blanks cut across the grain.
Pic5 A slimline from blanks cut across the grain.
The timber is reddish brown with creamy sapwood,striking and bold red rays/lines throughout,splits easily,needs care when cutting and drilling. Enjoy this wood as a favourite with most everyone.Peter

2007598413_Tree4%20320x252.jpg

20075984159_Tree1%20640x333.jpg

20075984240_Tree2%20640x438.jpg

20075984320_Tree3%20640x461.jpg

20075984421_Tree8%201042x144.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clthayer

Peter, that looks pretty neat. At first I thought the log sections were checked open, but now I see different.

Are you sharing?[:)]

Christian

PenPal

Scott,You have teased my curiousity about supply and availability,I will know more truly in the next three to four months,rubbish is available all the time,quality is all I look for so I will report in four months time.
One of my daughters lives up the road in Logan and about the same distance a 45 yr friend I met here in Canberra then and in constant touch with in Lehi,he also is retired now.His wife recently retired from the Tabernacle Choir.
Regards Peter
I belong to a forum here in Australia and they are organising a swap of a few blanks between forum members both here and the USA if someone in IAP cares to organise one I would be honoured to participate.I have a mate who is one of the major players in the burl market live one km from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom