Flame pen/stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ElMostro

I can feel the heat over here! Those are super, the colors came out fantastic! Oh and pic one for me too (as in I like picture #1) lol

Eugene

Buzzzz4

Fantastic Jeff! I as well would go for pic 2. Now I'm seeing a need for a stand with my flame pen. You keep raising the bar.

broitblat

I don't have enough superlatives to voice my opinion on the pens and stands - awesome.

Of the pictures, I think they both show off the pens, well, but I prefer the simpler background in the first. I think I'd prefer a different color background (maybe pale gold or light brown?), however, since the black of the background blends visually with the black portions of the pens. Also, to my eyes, the second seems to have a slightly crisper focus on the pens.

-Barry

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Gorgeous pens and stands!!!!

Which photo do I like best? The black of the pens blends in with the black background so it isn't great. And the busyness of the other one takes away from the pens so it isn't great. Black is better. Grey would be best. IMHO and worth every penny you paid. :biggrin:

Crappy cut-outs but you can get the idea of what I mean with the following three photos.

Attachments

• flame1 copy.jpg
    flame1 copy.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 97
  • flame1 copy2.jpg
    flame1 copy2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 89
  • flame1 copy3.jpg
    flame1 copy3.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Great job with the photo backgrounds Greg. That really shows what a difference a background can make!

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Greg...that makes perfect sense. The dark background lets the colors live,

Yes, but the dark grey also lets the flames live while the light grey lets the black fo the pens stand out. For that reason I really like the 3rd photo the best even though it is "non standard" and mounted "upside down".

but the black blends out the black in the pens. I need to do some more investing..what a surprise.:rolleyes:

Kinkos can print you out a background relatively cheaply. Just create it in your favorite photo software (or have a friend create it wink wink) then take it to your local printer and have it printed up on paper. Or, you can "invest" more and buy a cloth background. http://www.phototechinc.com/graduate.htm is a place recommended by others on this forum.

GK

Top Bottom