Fisher Ink Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TurtleTom

I had read on one of the forums here that Fisher Ink Pens were made by Cross. Recent searches started to look more and more like Parker, not Cross because they are mostly interchangeable with Parker ballpoints.
But I just read that they are available for Cross pens as well. It begs the question is the Cross refill threads proprietary?
Curiosity can get so frustrating.
Any help here?

KenV

Tom -- when was the last time you looked at the refill for a slimline pen? That is a cross style refill, and the only threads are on the plastic cap that pushes onto the refill.

None of my out-of-the-kit refills are branded "cross".

I have purchased a few Cross Brand Refills and they screw into the transmission just fine.

Note that there are small differences in length between different sources of refills.

There is a lot of contract manufacturing in this world with some firms doing contact work for others -- and to the specifications of the contact. Much of the machinery does not care which brand it producing.

Fisher claim to fame is for the pressurized ink in the refills -- and uses that to sell the pens that use the refills.

Top Bottom