walnut & ambrosia maple bowl..segmented

Attachments

• DSCN0430.jpg
    DSCN0430.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 367
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mickr

subtle

Great looking bowl! Not sure I understand the fish in a lake title though.

Thanks for the backhanded comment!!!! I guess it is hard to see..tho in "real life" it is quite apparant...it is one bowl of a set of 3 that celebrates the Northwoods. Fish Jumping... Nestlings..and Ghost Bear are all award winners around the U.S. (singly and in the set) They are unique and cannot be reproduced..They are not colored in any way...Not drawn...The uniuqueness is in the repeated fish..bird..bear..up the light panel in the bowl..Nestling is even more unique as it repeates on two sides...I was amazed that some of the fine artists here did not see the uniqueness of this and write that they were scratching their heads wondering how this was done...but it is a pen site and bowls is not the main theme.I have seen some beautiful artwork here..astonishing work!! If you look at the lighter colored panel that slants left..at the intersection of light & dark you will see a shape of a fish repeatedly going up the panel...the blackish streaks (in real life) look like mist off a warm lake, on a cool morning...I have been offered astonishing amts. of money (as a wilderness person & artist it "seems" like a lot , but the set is some of the finest work I have ever produced (yep, subtle & not flashy) and they are on a shelf in my living room for my own delight:tongue:

mickr

Would it have helped to name it Salmon spawning??? Would your eye see it faster & better?

fiferb

I understand now. I saw the repeated pattern and thought that it was really great. I see what you describe as the fish, I just didn't get the lake and mist. Again, great work!

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Can you show us the set together?
What a great piece of work! That must have taken some time to get the segmenting set up with that effect!

mickr

Can you show us the set together?
What a great piece of work! That must have taken some time to get the segmenting set up with that effect!

I'll try over the my patently poor pictures of the other 2 bowls ..appreciate everyone's kind comments:)

Rick_G

I like it. any time I have attempted bowls I have to wear full body armor. They attack me. Nothing but admiration for those that can make them and make them look good.

Top Bottom