First Zen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Katsin

Katsin

Chrome Zen on Redwood Lace. I'm still struggling with CA finish. This one turned out a bit wavy. I'm not sure about the cause but have really been feeling like buffing wheels on the drill press may work better than plastic polish on the lathe so may try that soon.

pen17.jpg

Drstrangefart

If you're finding the finish wavy, try getting light on the barrel from several angles while finishing. At all times, really. And wipe the wet medium CA a few times. With practice you can watch the ripples disappear. The finish looks right in line with what you'd expect from a quality pen in the picture, and you may be magnifying very minor issues. Also, don't be scared to build up more coats of medium than necessary and using coarse MicroMesh to smooth it down and build up a new layer on a MUCH smoother surface. These are the things that happened to work in getting rid of bad, bad ripples in my early CA finish. Hope they help some.

ToddMR

Looking good to me also. I think your finish is coming along nicely. I am not able to see the wavyness in the picture myself. I still have to try a Zen too.

Top Bottom