First upload

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skip_Evans

Testing picture quality. What do you think. The pic was taken at a much higher resolution. I had to bring it down to 640x480 to upload. Should pics be taken at the presentation resolution or at highest possible resolution, then brought down with photo shop?

1_DSCN0279640x480.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Maker

Nice Pen Skip, we can't really see a lot of detail in 640x480.
The pic was taken at a much higher resolution. I had to bring it down to 640x480 to upload. Should pics be taken at the presentation resolution or at highest possible resolution, then brought down with photo shop?

Yes Sir, You are correct, you only need to watch the file size and keep it under 500k, and thats a whole lotta picture.

Arsinut

From a photographers point of view the picture is out of focus. I am not sure what kind of camera you are using weather its a D SLR or a Point and Shoot. Which ever you are using you need to use a tripod, if you used a tripod you need to trigger the photo off camera. This can be accomplished by either buying a off camera trigger or just using the self timer. The next thing you need to do is raise the F-stop, by raising the F-stop your camera will need more light. Natural light and going out side to take the picture would be best if you are using a Point and Shoot, or if shooting with a D SLR I would bounce the light off the celling, or use and off camera flash with a diffuser. Also I would not let the camera auto focus, if you look at the nib and the cap on the top they are in good focus but not the rest of the pen.
So if you are as confused as I am by reading all that here goes the simple directions:
-Manual Focus
-Higher F-stop 8.0+
-Lots of Light
-Tripod and Off Camera Trigger

Terry

jttheclockman

Oh yea please do because that blank got alot going for it and would love to see a better photo of it. I saw it in the top row of photos and right away clicked on it but the photo there was no better.

Top Bottom