First two segment pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texatdurango

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texatdurango

Good thing I have lots of cheap wood and CA to practice with!

It's a pretty basic shape but you learn to walk before you run, right?

I finally figured out how to get the segments the same size and the lines to align in the center (or just got lucky a few times):)

A few more experiments with the cheap stuff then it's on to some nicer pens with some more elaborate shapes! I can't wait.

As usual, constructive comments, good or bad are welcome.

George

Maple with walnut accents
200763205931_first%20segment.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA
<br />Looks good, now do 4 bands
OK, but I'm not gonna do six because it's getting late, I haven't a clue how and Poker after dark is coming on! The four bands worked but I've got some bugs to work out.

I used a thinner blade on this pen but the segments varied from .083 to .088. I figured a few thousanths wouldn't matter... I was wrong!

Now I know what to do with all those short blank cut offs I have been saving.

I'm posting these crude first attempts in hopes that one will see where I can improve and offer some suggestions.

George

Four bands using miscellaneous scraps
20076422611_second%20segment.jpg
<br />

Originally posted by Texatdurango
<br />
Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA
<br />Looks good, now do 4 bands
OK, but I'm not gonna do six because it's getting late, I haven't a clue how and Poker after dark is coming on! The four bands worked but I've got some bugs to work out.

I used a thinner blade on this pen but the segments varied from .083 to .088. I figured a few thousanths wouldn't matter... I was wrong!

Now I know what to do with all those short blank cut offs I have been saving.

I'm posting these crude first attempts in hopes that one will see where I can improve and offer some suggestions.

George

Four bands using miscellaneous scraps
20076422611_second%20segment.jpg
<br />

You are on the right track, just make sure your inlayed segments are dimensioned to exactly the same thickness as your blade. After that all it is is how careful you do your glue up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom