First turn.... ever.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Skye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

Watched my father-in-law turn one, went home a day later and tried it myself. Got a lathe (parents actually) as payment for some patent work. So, if you get a free lathe, you gotta make pens, right? Anyhow, never touched a lathe before or any woodworking for that matter. Pens are less than shiny because all I had was 400 grit and two wax sticks.

Anyhow, looking forward to doing more. Want to try some snake and aluminum some day in the future. Unfortunately, it's gonna be somewhat for supplemental income rather than just joy, but when you've got 2 kids in daycare, life inexpensive! I’m sure I’ll turn plenty that I cant part with though ;)

pens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Hey Skye! Nice job on those!

What kind of patent work do you do? I'm an IP/patent attorney with an international firm, and my office is just outside DC. I mostly do computer software and electronics patents.

Skye

Well, mostly patent and trademark. We used to do a good many parts manuals as well but have not done as many lately. We’ve done it for many years and do some good work if I do say so myself. I've moved out of the patent work, mostly due to the downfalls of self-employment while being in debt and having children but still do patent work on the side for a little extra bread. Work comes through my parents who still run Epic. If you ever need an illustrator, shoot Mike (my pops) an email at mmaloney@epic-isti.com I'm sure he'd be interested in a new client.

The wife made me get a 'regular' job about 5 years ago [:(] Well, a steady paycheck, retirement and health insurance are all major perks though, lol

Thanks for the kudos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom