First try at natural edge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

This is a partial natural edge bowl. It is out of Pecan. There are two bowls it was one piece split in half. The bowl is finished with two coats of spray lacquer.Hope you like it as much as I did making it . By the way it is a joy to turn and finish. :biggrin: Russell

Attachments

• IMG_1918.jpg
    IMG_1918.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_1921.jpg
    IMG_1921.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 230
  • side view Pecan bowl.jpg
    side view Pecan bowl.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

This is a partial natural edge bowl. It is out of Pecan. There are two bowls it was one piece split in half. The bowl is finished with two coats of spray lacquer.Hope you like it as much as I did making it . By the way it is a joy to turn and finish. :biggrin: Russell

Hi Russell

Nicely done, they come up really good!

Could you please post a side/profile pic of the bowl on the right, please?
I've done one last light which is now with a coat of sanding sealer, waiting to be finished, out of a large knotty pine log and the "general" top ring shape looks very identical, I wounder how identical the rest will be. These type tops/flanges on bowls are quite uncommon to see, I couldn't explain to you why I've done it, as I never start a bowl or pretty much anything (turning) with a pre-planned design/shape/form, instead I "go with the flow...!", one more reason the be puzzled with your design.:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Russel,

Thanks for adding the pic for me/us, the clarity of the pic really brings the beauty of the colours within the wood!

Like I said, the "principal" of the shape of your bowl and mine are identical, mainly the top part out and going in, they where done at the same time is opposite end of the planet without any knowledge of what each one of us was doing, amazingly interesting..!:biggrin:

My bowl is not finished yet, it only has one coat of sanding sealer, waiting for me to get another dozen or so ready for the top coat which I like to do all at the same time, the product I use doesn't like to have its lid open too many times! This particular bow was ordered by a neighbor with lots of kids, she asked me if I could make a wooden fruit bowl steady enough to be full of fruit and all the kids playing on the table, where the fruit bowl stands!:eek:.

Well, if this doesn't work, I put some Velcro on the base of the bow and on the center of the large round table, that would fix them up, I reckon!:wink:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• timber preparation 1299_(1).jpg
    timber preparation 1299_(1).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 124
  • timber preparation 1306_(1).jpg
    timber preparation 1306_(1).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 114
Top Bottom