First try at casting!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tufftoy

I recently purchased a Harbor Freight pressure pot...and promptly returned it! After opening the box, it was very clear that mine had a bent lid and hold down screw! I looked for suitable options within my price range...cheap...and came up with this as my pressure pot. Only does one at a time, but I'm no factory, so that works for me! (sorry for the large pics!)

1_zpsa742ee67.jpg

Here are the first pictures of the cast, what do you think? I will post the final results hopefully tomorrow!

Cast1_zps828a5179.jpg

Cast2_zps3b64ff0d.jpg

Cast3_zps30a49a55.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Looked Good as a Blank.
Looks Terrific as a Pen.
Congratulations,
I would have liked to see the Pen on it's own.
While the block of wood is attractive, it distracts from the Pen.
Too much texture too close to the object of the photograph.

Brian

Sandy H.

Well here it is! I've never been as happy with a pen as this one. What do you think?

Pen1_zps0ae4c129.jpg

Well, you asked what I think, so I'll be blunt. . . I think I'd like a few more pictures! Looks great.

Also, I like your version of a pressure pot. Huge amount safer than some alternatives I've seen. You'll only do one at a time, but you'll do it with all of your fingers, toes and other body parts intact. . .

Sandy.

Tufftoy

What did you use as your pot? Any pics and how much pressure did you get with it?

I work in the oil field (West Texas, what else is there?), and it's essentially a 2" ID pipe with flanges welded on. Our welders are certified, and I actually had them X-ray for any cracks in the welds. It could easily hold past 1000psi, but the seal that I'm using is only rated for 150psi. Bolts are grade 8 bolts, and tightened with an impact gun. And yes, I do like my body parts just the way they are!

For this cast, I only pressured it up to 60psi, figured that would be good, not really any need to go much more. I was very pleased with the results, no bubbles that I could see.

I'll post more pics of the pen when I get to the house. Thanks for all the comments...makes me feel accomplished!

Top Bottom