First time posting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

I was asked to post some of my images in this forum opposed to just keeping them in my gallery. So l guess I'll see if this works.

My Gallery link: http://www.penturners.org/photos/index.php?c=1&u=11247

5193077708_33dcd2e4db_z.jpg

5184842483_b03d34467f_z.jpg

5131789420_2ddc38ef29_z.jpg

Well, I've been turning and casting pens now for about 2 months and I'm really amazed at what can be done on a lathe. Curtis and Eugene have provided me with some amazing blanks to work with and Barry Gross had the most amazing DVD that really got me on track with how to bring it all together. So to those folks I would like to say "Thank You"! Since I'm in the U.S. Army stationed in Germany time is limited so I try to make the best of my lunch hours and weekends when not spending time with the family.

Larger images can be seen on my art site here: www.flickr.com/photos/twise/

Take care and best wishes everyone

Respectfully
Tim:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
WOW!!!!!!!:eek:

I wish my pens were half as good as yours after just 2 months!!

Congratulations and keep up the excellent work!
Keep posting pics to show us more of your amazing work!

Andrew

Mark

WOW - again. Great photo's. Congrats on several real beauties. Keep it up. Thanks for posting the pix. Nicely Done..

Last edited:

wiset1

Thanks

Thanks Mark, Thanks Andrew!

My wife was a little upset at first that I was spending all that money on the tools, lathe, etc., but when she held that first pen in her hand she said "I think you're onto something here". Next week I'm making one for her mother as a Christmas gift. It's just so much fun making pens from scratch.

Take care and thanks again!

OKLAHOMAN

Tim, you miss spelled 2 years, for some reason it came out months. Thats some great work and my thanks for your service sir.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Two months??????:eek::eek:

Well,who ever it was that told you to post pics was right!!
Great stuff and I can't wait to see what you do in the future too. Well done:biggrin:

David Keller

Wonderful looking pens... Really amazing given the short time you've been at it. I hope you'll keep posting them.

wiset1

A guy goes to bed and wakes up with all this feedback...! Thank you so very much everyone! It's true, I've only been doing this for 2 months; however, I've been researching it and watching youtube training videos for about 4 months, ha ha ha.

I normally do Photography and Graphic design as a hobby, but felt that I needed something a bit more challenging so I tried painting acrylic on canvas and then turning pens. I think I like turning pens the best ;-)

Again, Thank you for the feedback and I'll be sure to post more pens as I finish them.

Respectfully
Tim

IPD_Mrs

Fantastic work - you are a fast learner and clearly have a bright future in whatever you choose to do. Thank you for risking that future to protect our freedoms - we appreciate it!

wiset1

Thank you again everyone. I as well as all my fellow Soldiers thank you for your support! I'm truly happy that everyone likes the work I do (Pens) and I'll be sure to keep it up and continue learning from the members of the IAP.

Respectfully
Tim

Papo

Really Amazing work.... Can you tell me what what is the name of the Pen Kits and where to buy them...I just starting out with pen turning..

Be bless

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Time,

I recognize the last 2!:) They look AWESOME! I especially love the oak with blue and gold. I have not even turned one of those yet myself! Good job!

USAFVET98

I think they are hideous! You should send them to me for further inspection! Nice work and many thanks for your service to this great nation from my entire family.

wiset1

Papo, I normally stick with 3 pen lines from the company PSI. It's the Majestic, The Majestic Jr., and the Broadwell Nouveau Sceptre. These kits can be a bit on the expensive side so make sure you are ready to both spend the money and make an eye catching pen. This is not to say that the lesser lines can result in an amazing turn. I just stick with this because it's what I liked when looking through the catalog.

Curtis, your blanks made it possible for these kits to look so sweet. Without the blank it's just hardware. Can't wait until my next order arrives!

The 1st pen is from a cast I made with an educational replica of the bill. I started off using a low grade copy on my machine to cut and fit, then I used the quality bill for mount and cast.

All good things, thank you again everyone.

V/r
Tim

Top Bottom