First time MM user

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mannsj

tn_Black%20TN%20Sierra%201.jpg

The poor camera quality does not do the finish justice, but here it is.

Previously I have sanded to 400 grit and then used EEE.

Based on everything that I have read here I ordered and for the first time used MM. Wow what a difference it made in the CA finish process. I was never completely happy with the CA results until now. I am not sure if its the smoother blank to start with or the lack of the EEE wax prior to starting with the CA, but it now looks like glass. For the first time I really see the plastic looking finish that everyone talks about.

I have used CA in the past and have had decent results, but the MM has definitely made an improvement.

Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jepeneter

Ok, so I am a newbie. I have been trying to get a good finish on mine and am just a few steps behind you guys. Used CA (took a while to find out what that was). What is MM?

Just tired of running down to the craft store every time I see a new acronym here [:)]

bearmanric

i dont make pen's yet been getting alot of the stuff ready. have a couple mandrel's. been getting a few kit's at woodcraft. right now i make predator call's. did a crotch maple bear call today. nice finish with myland's 0000 still wool. going up to woodcraft in seattle i'll see if they have some of the micro mesh sound's like a winner. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom