FIRST TIME FOR THE ELEGANT BEAUTY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from baldwin60

baldwin60

First attempt with this kit and i think the name says it all, eb in titanium with buckeye burl stabalized with cactus juice and died with red and blue this was my first attempt at double dying and need stronger concetration of die i think

any comments positive or negative appreciated since i am new at this. am still working on the photographs and to get the colors true this is just morning sun

thanks

arthur

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

baldwin60

dye

put red die in the juice and let it soak for 24 hours cooked that and then put the blank back in juice with blue die pulled a vacuum for 1 hour and then cooked that . these were as per instructions from mesquite man

arthur

Justturnin

When adding dye to the juice I have learned it is easier to pull the dropper off and pour it in till its almost black, at least with the red or you will be fighting the white in the blank and get Pink every time. For blue you can go lighter but not much. Those are the only ones I have done so far. I hear green is a pain too.

edit:
Here is my 1st attempt at a double dye, also in red and blue and also Buckeye Burl.......we must be kin.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/not-up-par-bash-yet-93108/

Last edited:
Top Bottom