First Thoughts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
It wasn't until yesterday that finally got my hands on a Bolt Action pen. Looks pretty simple only to components to press into the tube.
then that over length spring... So Should I be more. perhaps the proper word would be respectful for this or just take care of business.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

It's a pretty simple kit. I find it more as a novelty item as it doesn't really show off the blank at only 2" of material. I'm not complaining as I sell them as if they're going out of style!

Sataro

It is a very easy pen kit to make. Also a great seller. The only problem I've seen is be careful that you don't get over aggressive when squaring the ends. If the barrel comes up short, that pen tip seems to stick out too much when extended. Learned this from experience, so I pay closer attention now. (-:

hilltopper46

One thing I have learned about this pen is to check the tightness of the set screw that holds the bolt in place. This is a lot easier to do before assembly than it is to do after assembly, although it can be done either way. There are other postings about this on IAP.

Argo13

One thing I have learned about this pen is to check the tightness of the set screw that holds the bolt in place. This is a lot easier to do before assembly than it is to do after assembly, although it can be done either way. There are other postings about this on IAP.

+1. You may have to do some minor adjustments (cut off part of the handle) on the screwdriver. My craftsman was two short. Exposing more of the shaft of the screwdriver by removing part of the handle did the trick.

I also flip the bolt around so the action is down instead of up, but this is a very popular kit and very simple.

Jason

Chasper

The bolt action is easy to make and fast selling. But the bolt works lose, then customers attempt to tighten and strip the threads by overtightening. I sold about 125 and got about 20 back with stripped threads. I don't sell them anymore.

WriteON

I sold about 125 and got about 20 back with stripped threads. I don't sell them anymore.

I tighten the bolt before assembling the pen. Also started telling everyone not to force or play around with the pen. I say...have fun and show it off....but be gentle. People like to force things until they loosen or break.

Final Thought

It twern't nuttin to have worried about after all.

Attachments

• boltpen1 (800x600).jpg
    boltpen1 (800x600).jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 94

Whitehat1994

With the bolt action component set is there a left hand right hand way to set the bolt? Bolt position A (as delivered from PSI) or bolt position B?

Dale Lynch

One thing I have noticed with the few I've done is the set screws have been different lenghts.I first thought I was screwing up the barrel lenght till I pulled out the screws from separate kits and compared them and they were indeed different.Fixed that problem by cutting a little off the longer ones.

Top Bottom