First Sixteen Segment RM Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Here is the blank that I made last evening followed by the bowl that I cut out and glued up and sanded and finished this morning .

Decided to get it done before it got too hot with the heat wave we are in.

Have gone from 8 to 12 and now 16 segments. Won't be in shop much for a while with the heat and relatives coming from out east .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Lynch

Don't be givin us that heatwave nonsense.I was watching the weather report today and as I understand it you guys have soo much cool your gonna share it with us next week.Thanks by the way I've been melting in the garage.A little scary operating power saws with sweat running in my eyes.Great work on the bowl,whats next 24 or 32 segs?

W.Y.

Great work on the bowl,whats next 24 or 32 segs?

Possibly 24 but I doubt 32 . Those would be long skinny slivers of wedges to make an 8" diameter bowl like this 16 seg one is.

But another RM turner on my Woodworking Friends site has posted a way that I might get around the long narrow pointed ones so I am studying that and will probably improvise on his method . Will look into that in another week or so when I get more shop time. Pretty hectic here for a while with picking up relatives at the airport 120 km away as well as some outdoor and indoor renovations .

Top Bottom