First 'Quality' Pen, a minor Setback, and a vent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tn-Steve

Hey Gang,

I did my first of what could be refered to as a "quality kit" pen today, a Cambridge. (Not that Euros, Sierras, Cigars aren't good quality, but you know what I mean)

I did it up on a nice piece of figured Mesquite, it turned good, no blow outs, no drama, no fuss, no muss. Finished up nice, I'm getting almost compentant at this. (Here's PRIDE, Fall to arrive on later train I'm sure)

Laid out all the pieces, checked the directions one more time. Laid all the pieces out in my little magnetic tray, and started assembling. All is good until I get to the clip assembly. Directions say to "press the brass cap bushing in until the shoulder is flush with the top, the threaded portion will protude from the top". Ok, I've done this before, hummm, don't recall a brass threaded piece. Maybe it's screwed into the final.... nope. Double check left and right, up and down, no piece. I know I couldn't have lost it, I'm hyper about putting things directly from bag to tray, I'm convinced it was never in the kit.

Now it's not the end of the world, I'll call down to woodcraft in the AM, see if they have another kit they will canibalize for me. I just don't want to make that run down and back tomorrow, so I will probably end up putting of getting the part until Monday.

Just had to vent... It really came out looking good. Pictures to be posted once it's actually finished.

Steve W.

Top Bottom