First post

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mike8850

Mike8850

Been lurking on the forum and picking up lots of great information. I just recently started turning pens and thought I would post a picture of some pens I turned for Christmas presents.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4315&stc=1&d=1229044070

The kits are Classic American Rollerball from Woodcraft.
Hope to someday improve my photographic skills.
Any suggestions gladly accepted
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_3107.jpg
    IMG_3107.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 433
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

Hey Mike, Those look great! I like those acrylic blanks with that kit style. Nice choice in colors. Great first post!!!

Dig through the forum and you will find very helpful info on photography. Ask questions too, everyone is very helpful to give tips and tricks. Lord knows I need the help on the pics too.

hewunch

Welcome! Nice looking pens too. Did you paint the tubes or blanks? I found a photo tent works wonders. I got mine off of ebay.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
They look good!
I'd agree on the photo tent, makes life a bit easier. I saw some at
Harbor Freight for around $25 or so, they work just fine. Helps keep the
light soft and even.. that leaves more time for turning. :biggrin:

Daniel

Welcome and nice collection. Now don't forget to remind your wife (Often) just how much money you saved on gifts at Christmas time. It really comes in handy when you go to upgrade that lathe.

td

Banned
Lurk no longer!! Very nice workmanship. Even though I cast PR.... wood is still my favorite... but don't tell anyone!

Great job! Keep 'em coming.

Mike8850

Thanks Nick. The stand is just something I threw together and still needs a little bit of tweeking. Gary I know what you mean, it sure makes tool buying a little stressful.
Acrylics are okay but I really rather turn wood.
Mike

jedgerton

Mike,

Thats a great bunch of pens for anyone, let alone a first post! Your photo appears to be off with regards to white balance. Mine take on that color when I use soft white bulbs. When you get lighting for your photo tent, make sure its color temp is 5500K.

I'm sure there will be quite a few happy recipients of those pens on Christmas!

John

Top Bottom