First Photo - Second Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TBone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBone

It's not in the same class as the other work posted here, but it's a start. I know the picture is bad, I don't have lights yet. I've been too busy learning how to turn. This is my second pen and the second item I've ever turned.
Comments welcome

200610911838_Rosewood%20-%20Slimline.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kenwc

If that's your start you're going to have much fun in the future. Looks really good...fit and finish are nice.

TBone

Thanks for the comments guys. First pen was a straight slimline. That was fun but since I'm new to turning, I wanted something that curved. Just kept playing with this one.

JimGo

I agree with everybody else - very nicely done, especially for your 2nd pen. Next time, try oe without a centerband - you'll be amazed at the flexibility it affords you. I think I see a few small finish rings, but you'll get those out in time. Great job!

TBone

Thanks Jim. I saw some places that I thought were sanding scratches before I finished it but couldn't get them out. It was like they were part of the wood. Not sure if it was something I did or not. I sanded to 400 including with the grain. Then sanded with some thin CA. Then sanded again with 320 and 400 and then micromesh to 12K. Then 2 coats of spray Deft, but go too close so I sanded entire regimen again and the 4 coats of Deft and then polish. Is there some step that I'm leaving out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom