First Pendants

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PTownSubbie

PTownSubbie

Well, I finally got around to making some pendants. I used the pendant jig that I purchased here at IAP. What a breeze to make these with that piece of equipment!! These were sanded with medium and fine grit sanding sponges and buffed on my homemade Buffing System. I used EEE and White Diamond only, no wax on these. They sand and shine so easily!!

I made one of each color Corian that I have. I haven't tried wood yet. I have experimented with Polyester Resin but nothing to post yet.

Comments are welcome. I am always looking for ways to improve my turnings!!

Attachments

• All Pendants.jpg
    All Pendants.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 278
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
They LOOK great! Now with the next batch try more 'tricks'... Different sizes holes, offset groves - Corian is a GREAT material to try things out with.

PTownSubbie

They LOOK great! Now with the next batch try more 'tricks'... Different sizes holes, offset groves - Corian is a GREAT material to try things out with.

That I will. I wanted to get a clean pendant from each color. This gives me an idea of what the Corian looks like. I have 4x4 pieces and I get up to 8 pendants per piece.

Each pendant is approx 1-3/4" round and approx 3/16" thick. I think that is fine for Corian but a little thin for wood?

broitblat

Well... you don't fool around with your "first" do you? They look great.

I generally prefer to work with wood, but corian seems to be a great choice for pendants.

-Barry

Mikey

I agree. Change the offset a bit and cut some grooves and make a design. Chamfer the holes a bit more too and make it your own personal artwork.

Right now when looking at the pic I feel like it is a sales board that I see when I got to Lowes to pick out new laminate. Perhaps putting some cord on them would help change the look.

Top Bottom