First pen from Martin's blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from low_48

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

I got the package from Martin Smith today at Wood Bin Ltd. You other guys that just bought on his Christmas special are going to be VERY HAPPY :D Drilled well, but using water seems to be a necessity to keep the drill and chips clean. Cuts well with a gouge or skew. The curls are brittle enough to break away if they wrap up. Polishes like a dream. Some really knockout colors!

I thought about the water during the drilling. Tomorrow I'm going to put a can of water above the drill press and run a small hose down to the blank. If I get some soft enough hose, I should be able to pinch it off with a spring clamp, and put an orifice in the hose to reduce the flow. Might save a little time during the drilling.

Rich

2004121934854_black_silver_pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Looks reel good Rich, I can't wait till my package arrives. You will have to raise the price on these when you take them to the gallery. Anthony

dougle40

Rich ,
Nice looking pen .
If your looking for small soft hose for cooling , go to a pet supply store and buy some "airline tubing" , it's small and usually very soft so you could easily rig up something.

wayneis

Rich another thing that works well is to go to most any pharmacy and get a 20 or 30 cc syringe. I keep one by the drill press and as I bring the bit out to clear it I squirt water into the hole. It works great because when you are just getting your hole going you don't need but a few drops of water and with a syringe you can have complete control. I might cost you about a buck. I know that I seen them in other places besides just pharmacy's in case you don't have one near.

Wayne

Gary Max

Pen is very cool. I am glad to see how fast you got your package.
Mine should be here the first of the week.
It's getting to darn cold here---only 12 degrees here now.
I may stay in the house for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom