First pen ever

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Travis Fry

Travis Fry

This is my first pen ever, and my first turning of any kind for 15 years or so. I made it this past weekend at the shop of the very generous TexasTaxi from here on IAP, who lives just down the road. He supplied me with the acrylic blank, the Atrax components, tools, abrasives, and plenty of his time. I'm rather satisfied with the results. Contrary to my usual practice with things I make, I'm going to hold on to this one for myself. Now I just need to sell some of my knives so I can get a lathe of my own...

I have uploaded this pic from 3 separate databases and no luck, so here is a hyperlink:

http://travisknives.com/?attachment_id=13307

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Travis Fry

Travis, Welcome from Virginia!

Please try your pic again. All I have is a tiny square box.

I posted it with a different link also, hopefully one will work. Looks fine from my CPU.

Refreshed and now NEITHER link works... Geez.

AAAND 0 for 3

Not sure what the problem is. Likely user error, though I have successfully uploaded this pic elsewhere. Added a hyperlink because nothing else is working.

Last edited:

Dalepenkala

Nice looking pen Travis! Congrats!

This is my first pen ever, and my first turning of any kind for 15 years or so. I made it this past weekend at the shop of the very generous TexasTaxi from here on IAP, who lives just down the road. He supplied me with the acrylic blank, the Atrax components, tools, abrasives, and plenty of his time. I'm rather satisfied with the results. Contrary to my usual practice with things I make, I'm going to hold on to this one for myself. Now I just need to sell some of my knives so I can get a lathe of my own...

I have uploaded this pic from 3 separate databases and no luck, so here is a hyperlink:

blue acrylic ATRAX RB 1 - Travis Fry Custom Knives

TexasTaxi

It was great to meet you Travis, and the your pen looks even better once you got it out of the poor lighting of my shop.

I see nothing but incredible pens coming off your lathe. If you find yourself wanting to turn another, before you get set up, give me a call, you're always welcome in my shop. I need to thank you too ... I got more stuff organized while you were working on that pen, than I did in the last two months! :biggrin:

Top Bottom