First Navigator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jbeyer

jbeyer

This is the first navigator pen I've made... only done about 10 pens so far... comments are most welcome...

Jonathan

Attachments

• DSC07491.jpg
    DSC07491.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jbeyer

Sorry about the picture not being up... I was adjusting the size so that it would fit better and not be 14" inches wide... :)

Lenny

Very Nice! What is the plating? You might have a little color cast issue with the photo but it's pretty clear and you have obviously done a nice job with that pen! :)

jbeyer

It is just a standard gold plating.
What do you mean about a color cast issue?

Jonathan

Lenny

I thought it was a black titanium and getting some reflections from the table making it look almost like rose gold on my monitor :)

Lenny

Jonathan, did the tru-stone present any problems for you? What did you use for tools .. Skew?
I want to try some of that myself soon!

Welcome to IAP! :)

jbeyer

I just started to try to use the skew that day and didn't want to risk it.... I only used a roughing gouge. The drilling is usually the only problem so what I usually do is over-cut the blank, and drill around 560 RPM, going out very often, and not drilling all the way through... I keep checking to see if the tube fits and when it does I cut the blank on the bandsaw, although you can use the belt sander. That's pretty much the bulk of it... Hope it goes well for you

Jonathan

Top Bottom