First Kittless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timebandit

Timebandit

Awesome pen Justin , sorry I missed it first time around . You should study up on different filling systems , that pen as a button filler would rival those made by any major pen manufacturer . A suggestion on the thread to body transition , if you turn a short tenon at the transition and a recess in the cap it will make the transition allot less noticeable and more comfortable to hold or chamfer the step and chamfer the inside of the cap you won't loose the fit and will make the transition look allot smoother . Either way would work and would make an awesome pen into a spectacular pen . Can't wait to see where you go from here .

Edit:
Lupe is correct , if you are not using a lube while cutting the threads they will come out a little rough (depending on the material) . Pam cooking spray is what most of us have found works best for cutting clean , almost polished threads . You can buff them on a soft wheel but you will change the geometry of the thread which may cause problems over time .

Wow! What a compliment! :redface:Thank you very much butch. I appreciate any and all advice you and many others give around her. I am going to work a little more on the chamfer, but im not sure about the small tenon. Just doesnt seem like it would look right for a pen like this.

Oh and Shhhhh......dont tell anyone,.......but i already have something in the works using an alternative filling method.

Justin

Wow, if it wasn't for the recent replies then I would have missed this one too. Look really good and I like that blank too. Well done!!

Thanks skip!:biggrin: This means a lot coming from you. I admire your work very much. And i am already trying to push the limits of what i am doing so far.

Thanks
Justin

Top Bottom