First Jr. Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sev3en

Sev3en

Here is my first Jr. Gent II. It's chrome with a double dyed gold and black Buckeye Burl. I finished it with MM and it was a matte finish. The more I held it the more I liked it, so I left it.

Cheers

Attachments

• JrGIIchromeBuckeyeBurl.jpg
    JrGIIchromeBuckeyeBurl.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 357
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

The matte finish is a very appropriate complement to the shiny hardware. Lovely pen !!

Sev3en

Thanks for the compliments everyone. What a fun pen to create. Looking forward to the next one. Always areas for improvement.

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
I like it. And I like that it's the non-postable version. There aren't many shown with that kit.
Old adage - the only dumb question is the one that is not asked. SO here goes:

What do Postable and Non-Postable MEAN? Sorry for my ignorance but thinking of trying a Jr. Gent Rollerball and a Jr Gent Fountain Pen and need to know whether to get them in Postable or in Non-Postable.

keithbyrd

postable means the cap can be attached to the other end when in use. Non - postable means you have to hold the cap or set it on your desk when in use!

chartle

I like it. And I like that it's the non-postable version. There aren't many shown with that kit.
Old adage - the only dumb question is the one that is not asked. SO here goes:

What do Postable and Non-Postable MEAN? Sorry for my ignorance but thinking of trying a Jr. Gent Rollerball and a Jr Gent Fountain Pen and need to know whether to get them in Postable or in Non-Postable.

A term I only learned about 2 weeks or so ago.

Postable means you can stick the cap on the end. Non postable means the opposite.

Some pens that are non postable use it as a selling point. You remove the cap and place it on the table so those around you can see what a lovely pen you have. :cool:

My son uses all his fountain pens non postable even though they are all the opposite.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
A very nice pen! I am working more and more with "less" for my finishes (I don't sell, so I can cater to my tastes) . Probably just an adolescent phase.... :tongue:.

Nice coloring in your timber!

SteveG

A little added info on the non-postable: For pens this size (Jr series), the postable far outsell the non-postable. This size pen can easily be carried about and will fit in the pocket. So the customer will be thinking about where to put the cap when using the pen. If you are presenting a pen to be used more as a desk pen, the non-postable configuration is fine, because as mentioned, that cap can be placed somewhere on the desk to attract attention to the really fine pen that the really important person behind the desk owns!:wink:

SteveG

I also want to comment on your pen. That excellent matte finish looks really good with that blank. The pen has a very "together" look to it. Great job. I feel that the non-post style gives the Jr Gent a boost upward in the "class" category, which allows it to serve well as a desk pen.

Top Bottom