First goblet and oil candle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bobostro61

Bobostro61

Didn't feel like doing a bowl, ornament, pepper mill, or any of the usual. So today, I figured I'd give a goblet a go. This is my first try at making one. Unfortunately the blank had a hair line crack the whole length. You can see it in the base of the goblet in one of the photos. I've also had these oil candle kits laying around for the last year or so and made a weird maple holder for it. Oh well, it was cold in the garage and I kind of rushed through them.

Attachments

• IMG_3016.jpg
    IMG_3016.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3017.jpg
    IMG_3017.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3019.jpg
    IMG_3019.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_3020.jpg
    IMG_3020.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 148
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey Bob,
Good job on both...

on the goblet, run a bead of water thin CA down the crack so it will seep into the crack, resand to take it off the surface if you can, then don't give it another thought... many of my bowls and such will have those thin cracks, but my customers don't seem to mind... they like the rustic look of the pieces.

I have a bunch of the little oil candles still in their original packages from 5 or 6 years back... guess I need to get them down and see what I can do with them... I like the shape of your "space" ship.

Charlie_W

Yery nice job on both these pieces Bob!

Question about the oil candle holder....is this confirmed maple? To me, the fleck marks lead me to think it may be beech.

Top Bottom