First full size Gent. Ambonya Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigguyZ

BigguyZ

This is a big pen. I made a Majestic before, but this still seems heftier. I like it. Though I see why most people go for a Jr Gent II.

Anyways, the picture stinks, but I wanted to finally post something with pictures... I have a lot done, but not much documented. And since this pen was for a customer and has now left my posession, these are the best pictures I'll have.

Enjoy! Comments/ criticisms welcome. Though I would imagine it'd be hard to do either with the picture quality.

Attachments

• 675A0101.jpg
    675A0101.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 675A0102.jpg
    675A0102.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 675A0103.jpg
    675A0103.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 675A0104.jpg
    675A0104.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 186
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hillbilly

Yea, those pens are huge....but their a desk pen and look real nice in a wooden desk case. I like the ones from CSUSA that raise the pen out of the box when you open it.
Great job! Beautiful wood!

BigguyZ

Thanks for the compliments! The blank was cut from a larger block of burl that I purchased from Rockler. Too bad really, since they don't carry the exotic stuff anymore (I was told they changed wood suppliers). But it was a good deal when you consider cost per blank. Now I'm down to 2-3 Ambonya blanks left. :(

broitblat

Nice pen. It looks like you did a great job on the turning and finishing.

Also, don't fret about your supply of Amboyna. We have a few folks here that have great stuff.

-Barry

Top Bottom