First for me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jaywood1207

jaywood1207

I made this pen for a Christmas pen swap and the recipient has received it so I can post it now.

I started out with a blue blank and wanted to put a snowman on it. I cut the blue blank in half and then scrolled out the snowman and poured the white resin. Once cured I moved onto the mittens and scarf and then finally the hat. I then glued the blank back together, drilled, tubed and turned. Unfortunately the glue line let loose when I was almost at final diameter but fortunately the snowman wasn't damaged. I moved onto plan B which was to cut the wavy line under the snowman, glue the remaining blue blank with the snowman in it to the brass, plug the tube and pour white resin around it in a mold. Once cured I turned as normal. After final size I drilled out the holes in the blue and filled those with white tinted epoxy and then did the same for the buttons and face with black tinted epoxy. Cleaned it up with a skew, sanded, buffed, and assembled to a black titanium Elegant Beauty.

I have scrolled names on blanks off and on for 4 years now but this was a first for a shape. This was also the first time I have used any type of resin for casting. This was a fun pen to do and I think it turned out great.

Any and all comments are welcome. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSCF8057 (Small).JPG
    DSCF8057 (Small).JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCF8058 (Small).JPG
    DSCF8058 (Small).JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCF8059 (Small).JPG
    DSCF8059 (Small).JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 137
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Well done Jamie!
A very chrismassy pen indeed!!!

I too have just started dabbling in the scrolling part of pens!
It's a lot of fun!

Hope you do well with all your shows on at this time of year!

PM me where you are going to be locally!
Would love to stop by and support you!

Andrew

jaywood1207

Thanks for the comments.

Dean there won't be any fighting for the scrolling title. Jeff is light years ahead of me.

Andrew I did Delhi last weekend, Woodstock yesterday, and will be in Tillsonburg next weekend. So far both Delhi and Woodstock have been a bust. I'm hoping Tillsonburg will be much better next weekend.

wiset1

So creative! This would be a fun pen to own just for the sake of owning it. All I can say is WOW. Awesome work

Mark

It looks great. Scrolling opens up soooo many possibilities. Add custom casting on top of that and the list is endless... Nicely Done...

jttheclockman

That came out very well. You learned a few things along the way so now that step will open alot more posibilities. The sky is the limit when it comes to scrolling and pen making. Thanks for showing. Nice job.

Top Bottom