First ever casting and 10th pen made

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jeremymc98

Jeremymc98

Jumped into pen turning head first and here is the result of my first casting with sweet gum pods and alumilite. Let me know your thoughts and constructive critism

Attachments

• 20180101_154317.jpg
    20180101_154317.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 310
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
G'Day Jeremy!

The cast looks great as does the final pen.

The basic profile for the pen is excellent - ya dun well!!!

Cheers, Mark,

Oh, Welcome to IAP! Have Fun.

Well... my thoughts are that if that was the very first time you poured and you didn't have a stack of ugly blanks hidden from us in the trash can... I hate you. Other than that, very well done. :tongue:

Jeremymc98

Haha McKenzie. I had a good amount of CA filling to do as I turned the pen which I hope to avoid the next series of cast. It's a fun hobby that I needed like a whole in the head

Haha McKenzie. I had a good amount of CA filling to do as I turned the pen which I hope to avoid the next series of cast. It's a fun hobby that I needed like a whole in the head

I was going to ask if you had voids. I had a bunch of them with gum pods but I used Silmar 41.

The blank and pen look fantastic. If my first blank looked half that good I would've done backflips.

SteveAxelrod

Sweetgum!

Outstanding job casting, turning and finishing!! You're in for a lot of fun and gratification. My first casting was also a pen blank with Sweetgum pods. The biggest challenge is deciding what to make next. Can't wait to see your next project!

Attachments

• Satin Silver Comfort Pen & Sweet Gum Pod (R2F+).jpg
    Satin Silver Comfort Pen & Sweet Gum Pod (R2F+).jpg
    123 KB · Views: 135

Bikerdad

That blank is stunning, you're either a natural at casting, or one lucky duck. I hope that anything in my first dozen attempts turns out that nicely.

Top Bottom