First Etsy Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mecompco

mecompco

I was kind of wondering if this was ever going to happen--lot's of lookers, but no sales. Considering the competition, I'm not sure Etsy is that great a venue. I have no idea as to why my circuit board pen sold over the multitude of other similar/duplicate pens (with prices all over the place). But it did, so that's cool. Time to make a replacement. :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fastgast

Congrats on the sale, New markets do take time to get going. I'm trying to break into Handmade at Amazon, same situation just need to keep trolling and eventually the customers come and hopefully become repeat buyers. Keep up the good work!!

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
I was kind of wondering if this was ever going to happen--lot's of lookers, but no sales. Considering the competition, I'm not sure Etsy is that great a venue. I have no idea as to why my circuit board pen sold over the multitude of other similar/duplicate pens (with prices all over the place). But it did, so that's cool. Time to make a replacement. :biggrin:

Nice pen. Congratulations on your sale. Still hoping for a first sale through ETSY. What is the pen style? Looks sort of like a Gatsby.

mecompco

Congratulations this is exciting to make the first sale. Hope it is just the beginning of sales for you.

Thank you. I have sold one pen on a specialty forum, and a couple to co-workers. This is the first one from Etsy. The circuit board pens seem to be good sellers for me. I've sold a couple in black (they look especially good with the Elegant Sierra kit) and now this one in green.

Regards,
Michael

Sataro

Congratulations on your first sale & very nice looking pen! I like using Etsy myself, but the competition is tough. My problem is not keeping a large inventory on hand. Sometimes you will have slow times on Etsy. Other times you will be surprised. Example: placed a pen on Etsy yesterday morning, sold 3 hours later. The pen was a mesquite trimline pen. Maybe I used the correct tag that caught that buyers attention.

mecompco

Congrats, Mike! Nicely done! :biggrin:

Thanks, Roger (and everyone else)! It's pretty cool to sell to someone totally anonymous, unlike my previous sales which were to one extent or another to people I know or at least had a bit of a reputation as someone trustworthy to do business with.

I suppose I should try eBay, as I have over 2,000 positive FBs and have had the same account name there since 1997. I know I can sell stuff on eBay, but I'm afraid it attracts the LCD for pen sales.

Regards,
Michael

Dan Masshardt

You should not try eBay. It is a good market for many things but handcrafted pens is not one of them.
Continue to incest your time in building up etsy or a similar marketplace is my recommendation for your online sales at least.

Top Bottom