First Closed End

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from omb76

omb76

Russell Eaton gave a great demo at our last chapter meeting on how to create a closed end pen and also how to make a home made closed end mandrel. Now being the lasy person that I am, chose to purchase my clsoed end mandrel from AS, but I do now how to make one if I want. Pen is a Jr. Statesman made with Yellow Dino Bone TruStone. Had a lot of fun making this one!

Thanks for the great demo Russell!

Comments welcome and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_2698.jpg
    IMG_2698.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2700.jpg
    IMG_2700.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2702.jpg
    IMG_2702.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 180
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Fantastic...

David,

I'm the guy who walked in late. After my regular weekly meeting of Gwinnett Woodworkers, I had some personal business to conduct on the phone that delayed me. Also my first meeting.

Probably didn't get to know you.

Sorry I missed most of the demo. I would dearly like to learn this process. Is there something on You Tube or elsewhere?

Also what is name of your blank and source that you used for this first closed end pen.

Charlie

omb76

Thanks guys! Charles, hope you can make it to the next meeting in December, look forward to meeting you. I got this blank from R&B Crafts (www.randbcrafts.com). There are several different suppliers for TruStone. I get most of mine from either R&B or Exotics (www.exoticblanks.com)

David,

Sorry I was so awed by your pen I missed the name of the material.

Still need the source. Love it.

Charlie

ctubbs

Great job producing one beautiful pen, congratulations David. It is always a big help to be able to watch a demo of a new process. I appears to have stuck well.
Charles

Top Bottom