First Celtic knot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mason Kuettel

Mason Kuettel

I wasn't too upset with how this pen turned out considering all the cuts were done with a simple hand saw and miter box. Still too cheap to go out and buy some of the less necessary power tools! I did find out after the fact that I cut a little out of order but, like I said, not too disappointed.

Anyway, thought I would share the results. Not sure on the woods, didn't use anything special since it was the first try! CA finish.

Attachments

• DSC_0116.JPG
    DSC_0116.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC_0117.JPG
    DSC_0117.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 243
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Now that is sick! Your first knot and perfectly centered. I still have my first attempt. It never saw a kit and never will. The hole came out WAY off center. UGLY!
Yours on the other hand, exquisite. The knot is well done and the fit and finish is excellent.
Charles

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very impressive for hand cutting!!! Some people can't get that kind of accuracy even with expensive tooling.:wink:

This comment however.......:eek::eek: Yikes!!!!!

....... the less necessary power tools! .......

.........I'm sorry, but there is no such thing as an unnecessary or even 'less' necessary power tool. Whatcha tryin' to do????? Ruin it for all the blokes on the planet?????:at-wits-end:
If my missus thought for one second that I simply couldn't live without every single tool in my shop then I'd be in trouble!!!

:tongue::biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
I agree with most of the above comments! Awesome knot, no matter which attempt... but for your first... Keep it up...

Oh, and I'm with Skippy too... The only phrase that belongs with power tools are "yes, dear, this new tool is necessary!" :)

Atherton Pens

Very nicely done especially for your first knot.

+1 on "unnecessary tools" comments above.
If you think you "might" need it, then it's totally indispensable.

RichB

You hit that one right on. I don't know how you could do any better. Fantastic Job. It is hard to get a thin kerf on a power saw. Thanks for showing RichB

moke

Very impressive for hand cutting!!! Some people can't get that kind of accuracy even with expensive tooling.:wink:

This comment however.......:eek::eek: Yikes!!!!!

....... the less necessary power tools! .......

.........I'm sorry, but there is no such thing as an unnecessary or even 'less' necessary power tool. Whatcha tryin' to do????? Ruin it for all the blokes on the planet?????:at-wits-end:
If my missus thought for one second that I simply couldn't live without every single tool in my shop then I'd be in trouble!!!

:tongue::biggrin:

I'm with Skip-----wow, I think I may have thrown up a little in my mouth

Mason Kuettel

Didn't mean to throw anyone under the bus on the "less necessary" comment, sorry about that one, I do try to squeeze a new tool out of every possible project but my better half takes care of the finances so...:frown:

Anyway, thanks for all the complements, guess we are our own greatest critics after all!

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
After going out today and buying a Micro Kerf 40, The LOML will NOT be allowed to view these posts!!!:redface::biggrin::crying:Knot looks great too!!!

:tongue::biggrin:[/quote]

I'm with Skip-----wow, I think I may have thrown up a little in my mouth[/quote]

Top Bottom