First casting here too

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JeffW

My first effort with PR. A little brittle with too much catalyst. A bit light on the pigment. I hear painting the inside of the tube after drilling is a good thing. Thanks to everyone here for the kickstart especially PtownSubbie.

Any and all comments are welcomed so I can learn. Thanks.

Attachments

• Yellow-1.jpg
    Yellow-1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Congratulations, Jeff. I looked as close as I could and can find nothing wrong with your pen, the fit and finish is outstanding, the PR cast is very good with color showing clean borders and good swirls and good definition. It is good to not be satisfied with your product as that keeps you working to improve. The colors you chose to use in your cst tend to blend with the tube color, but reverse painting the hole is always a good idea. Painting the hole instead or along with the tube will help hide any glue lines between the tube and the blank. That is some very good work, keep it up.
Charles

JeffW

Thanks

Thanks for the comments and encouragement.

I should have posted the colors to start with. Bright yellow and macro pearl from PearlEX. I'll know to use a little more next time and to paint the inside of the blank after I drill it. And people say I'm too old to learn anything. Ha!

Is there an easy way to tell when this PR stuff is just short of gelling?

jason_r

My first effort with PR. A little brittle with too much catalyst. A bit light on the pigment. I hear painting the inside of the tube after drilling is a good thing. Thanks to everyone here for the kickstart especially PtownSubbie.

Any and all comments are welcomed so I can learn. Thanks.

Jeff-

Nice cast and pen.

Not only is painting the inside of the tube a good thing, you can use it to tweak a blank (paint identical resin blanks differently). The amount of pigment is one reason I try to document the opacity of samples in the Resin Color Library I don't have coastal scents recipes there (yet)- but it's always open to contributions.

Top Bottom