First bullet pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from neon007

Status
Not open for further replies.

neon007

This is my first bullet pen/ copper slimline. I got the casings from jeremy. I tried to make the back look like a bullet, it kinda does. The back half is some of his resin as well. Very nice I must say. Gray and white. Looks like smoke. I am thinking of taking out the center band????I dont know yet. Suggestions?? Hope everyone enjoys. Comments welcome.

bp1.jpg

bp2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

I am with you, I like the gray, black and white resin. I would remove the band as it does not compliment the pen. The other thing I would do differently is keep the same basic shape of the resin, but make the part towards the center the same size as the back of the bullet. I think that way it would flow a little nicer and look more like smoke coming out of the back. Generally I do not like the bullet pens and really have no desire to do one, but this one caught my eye. Nice job.

Also the photo, while good, does not have enough contrast to show off the pen. Try a nice glossy plexi glass like Tex does. You may have problems with the reflection in the shell, but it might be worth a shot.

Mike

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Keith,
I like the pen. I do think this pen might look better without the cb. I have made them both ways. Sometimes I like the cb and sometimes I don't. Depends on the wood and shape. The way you have shaped the end that rests against the cb I think it would look better without it. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

ahoiberg

nice job keith. bullet pens are fun. huck the CB, bullet pens look best when butted up against the upper barrel, in my opinion. that resin compliments it very well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom