First auction winner---Elkhorn---thank you, John!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I am ABSOLUTELY serious about making a pen for the successful winner of any auction. I ENJOY making pens!! Just let me know what style you like (I prefer Berea, but I will make others).

So, Let's say we have $265 from TomT
subject to change, from John (Elkhorn)
or anyone else who wants to "dive in"!!

Who will make it $275??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This is for the blanks, correct? (Just a moment of panic!!)

Yes, this is for four pen blanks that came from Mount Vernon.

Probably a GOOD idea to reprint this description when we get past the first page, so here it is:

I am selling one set of four blanks, described as follows:
"In 2003 hurricane Isabel severly damaged several trees on the Mount Vernon Estate, including the massive 140 year old pecan tree that grew 115 feet off the south east corner of the mansion.

In 2003, Mount Vernon had to remove several trees from the property to clear the way for construction of the new educational and visitors center. This included two Black Cherry trees.

The 150 year old Black Walnut tree was removed from the site of Washington's whiskey distillery. Archaeologists found the original stone foundation to Washington's distillery and this tree was too close to the foundation to save.

The Ash tree grew on the bowling green in front of the Mount Vernon mansion, along the serpentine walk. This tree was a replacement for one of the originals planted by Washington, that succumbed to disease many years prior."

Let me be clear (as Bill always was), this is NOT likely witness wood. But these are old growth woods from the Mount Vernon estate.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Bill, if you WANT, you can PM me with the highest bid you care to make. I will bid for you in lowest possible increments. I have another person to whom I have made this offer, he has authorized me to bid for him, so I certainly do the same for you, if you like!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK,

40 minutes left!!!

ANYBODY want to say

$310???

REMEMBER this is FOUR
DIFFERENT species of wood
from Mount Vernon!!!

WITH the certificate of Authenticity!!

ALL for one price---
who will say
$310??

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Unlike ebay, we do not have a FIRM deadline. IF there is bidding, we continue until there is only "one man standing". Doesn't look like that will happen here, but just in case someone thinks they can make a final bid, right on the nose of the hour---not the way this works.

We are fundraising for IAP---we raise the most funds we can!!

Tom T

John,
Great deal sir. Thank you for bidding more than me and making history.
President Washington would have never believe what his trees were being used for. And for a good cause. I could not to justice to blanks like that nice.
We want photos when you turn them.

Top Bottom