First attempts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bpjen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpjen

I just "signed in" in the Introductions forum, and thought I would post some photos of my first pens for your feedback.

Any suggestions are more than welcome from this rookie.

2005930135740_Group2.jpg

200593014012_2Barons.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Czarcastic

First pens?!? Nice work!
You sure got a lot of different kits to get yourself started.
Welcome to the addiction.
BTW.. you may want to resize your photos in the future. Try keeping them to below 650px wide.

JimGo

Looks like you've been busy! Great job, especially for a rookie.

For true critiques, it's best to take a picture of only a single pen, with as little background "stuff" as possible (I'm guilty of violating this last part). This allows, among other things, the camera to focus on the particular item, rather than, as in your second picture, focusing on the "prop". It also usually allows you to really show the individual features of the pen. For example, in the second pic, the body of the open Baron pen is pretty blurry; a single pic of that pen would reduce the likelihood of the pic being blurry.

That being said, your pics are very nice; well composed, and well framed, especially from a "sales" perspective. And it looks like you've really nailed your fit, which is hard to do as a newbie. Some will tell you that they don't like open pores like on the purpleheart(?) or bloodwood(?) Baron in the bottom pic, but I like that; I think it helps the wood retain a "wood" look.

I guess my only real critique would be that the finish doesn't appear to be all that glossy, but that might simply be a personal preference.

Any way, welcome to the group, and please keep the pics coming!

bpjen

Thanks for the photo tip Steven, resized them.

Jim, thanks for the feedback. The baron is padauk, and I love the open pores a lot for the same reason. the photo doesn't slow the finish that well, there is a pretty good gloss to them. I have been using sanding sealer, 2-3 coats friction polish and 2-3 coats ren wax.

Thanks for the welcome and comments.

Brian

bpjen

Aren't those rests great? They are actually napkin rings from Kenya. Thanks for all the great ideas and inspiration from you all.

Brian

PenWorks

Boy Brian did you blow that one ! You were suppose to say, I made the animals after I turned the pens [:D] Great job on your pens. [:)] Welcome to IAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom