First Atrax

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan Masshardt

Dan Masshardt

This post is in application to Briskar for gifting me some great wood.

Atrax with spalted maple. CA finish.

I marked the blank to line up the grain but there was no lining it up really well. The spalting was too crazy random.

I love the spalting on the cap. Thanks!

Attachments

• image-1249804753.jpg
    image-1249804753.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 246
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

Very nice, finish looks well done also.
I really like the Atrax Rb, it allows you to show off the blank, has a nice feel to them.
Now what you need to do for the next one is to make a custom finial for the cap.

Dan Masshardt

I really like the Atrax Rb, it allows you to show off the blank, has a nice feel to them.
Now what you need to do for the next one is to make a custom finial for the cap.

Probably not the next one on the finial. :) But eventually.

What's nice about the atrax is the price.

And the fact that I can use the same tubes and bushings as the Jr Gent 2.

It is simple but nice kit. I might buy a couple of the adapters to make them postable. Although that makes the price not as cheap overall.

longbeard

Probably not the next one on the finial. :) But eventually.

What's nice about the atrax is the price.

And the fact that I can use the same tubes and bushings as the Jr Gent 2.

It is simple but nice kit. I might buy a couple of the adapters to make them postable. Although that makes the price not as cheap overall.

Get ya set of johnny's bushings for the the atrax, worth every penny. They will work for the Jr. Retro, Jr. Gent, Jr. Statesman ect also.

The finial is not as hard to do as you as you might think. Easy to do with the extra little piece of blank you have left over from cutting the blank to size, and a set of calipers. I've done a few or the atrax, alot for the Jr. Retros. If ya need help, pm me

Last edited:

Dan Masshardt

Thanks. I may take you up on that at some point.

I have the TBC bushings from lazerlinez that I used with this pen and I also have the ones you mentioned on the way to me.

Top Bottom