First Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from knifecut

Status
Not open for further replies.

knifecut

Well, here's my first acrylic. Made into a Wall Street II. No finish, just micromesh wet sanded to 12000.

20063131136_Greenside.jpg

200631311327_Blueside.jpg

Since it was multi colored, it was a toss up to decide which side to put the clip. :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Looks like you did a good job with them. Sierras can be tricky given the seemlingly perpetual bushing problems. For my taste, they're too fat, but that's just my preference.

Dario

Nice choice of blank and finish...not sure about the shape though. But that is a personal preference so as long as you are happy that is all that matters [:)]

knifecut

Thanks.

Note that it is only one pen, just multi-colored.

It seems a little fat, but rests in the area between thumb and finger pretty well.[:)]

I was working on a second one, trying to make it thinner and sheck out the difference in feel, but the second one blue apart right in the middle, during sanding at that.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by knifecut
<br />Thanks.

Note that it is only one pen, just multi-colored.

It seems a little fat, but rests in the area between thumb and finger pretty well.[:)]

I was working on a second one, trying to make it thinner and sheck out the difference in feel, but the second one blue apart right in the middle, during sanding at that.

BEEN THERE, done that!!

For those who are thinking about acrylic, this is why you keep seeing, don't let it get too hot!! This was too hot.[:0][:0]

bloggstein

Nice job, and nifty looking acrylic! Two examples in one day that are making me think more of trying it sometime.

alamocdc

Mike, it looks like you did a good job on the finish, but like the others it's just too hefty for my taste. Make sure you wet sand plastics. It's easier to get the finish you want and it keeps the material cool so you won't have the problem you did on your second. Before I started wet sanding, I blew the end off a blank. None since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom