Firefox Bookmarks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

It appears I am finally getting a newer computer at work to replace this POS 700Mhz thing I've been using. I have a lot of bookmarks in Firefox and can't find any way to export them so I don't have to start over with them. Is there a way to do that?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

warreng8170

Select "Bookmarks" from the top menu bar and select "Organize Bookmarks". This should open a new window. When the new window opens, you will get a new set of options in your top menu bar. Under file you will see an export option.
When you get your new machine, this same process will apply for importing these into your new copy of Firefox.

If you have any questions, PM me.

-Warren

gerryr

In the long run it didn't matter because I have been "ordered" not to install Firefox on the new computer. I am required to use IE due to corporate policy. The company I work for was acquired by a gigantic corporation in December and not all the changes are good, this being one of them.[xx(]

But, I may yet install it. What are they going to do to me?

R2

Firefox!! Glad to see someone has banned the bloody thing. When I had it on this computer it messed up everything. Eventually my son managed to uninstall it.. Then, not so long ago, I hit Google updater and gues what raised its ugly head? Again all my stuff went into freefall. All the favourites in IE have disappeared to God knows where and we cannot recover them.
I've said it before and I'll say it again... I hate Firefox!![xx(][xx(][xx(]

mdburn_em

Gerry,
You can still import the bookmarks into IE.
Export out of FF as has been described, copy to a thumb drive (or something) then import to IE.
It's html, which even IE7 understands(mostly). I've heard that IE8 is going to be better.

gerryr

Originally posted by mdburn_em

Gerry,
Export out of FF as has been described, copy to a thumb drive (or something) then import to IE.
It's html, which even IE7 understands(mostly). I've heard that IE8 is going to be better.

Mark,
I have them imported into IE, I just happen to hate the thing. We are only supposed to use IR6 so no tabs. It's a dinosaur.

And I got my first look at MS Office 2007 today and that thing really sucks. They did away with everthing that was even remotely intuitive. I guess I could really get in trouble if I installed Open Office, Thunderbird and Firefox![}:)][:0]

M

Mudder

Originally posted by gerryr

Gerry,

Mark,
I have them imported into IE, I just happen to hate the thing. We are only supposed to use IR6 so no tabs. It's a dinosaur.

And I got my first look at MS Office 2007 today and that thing really sucks. They did away with everthing that was even remotely intuitive. I guess I could really get in trouble if I installed Open Office, Thunderbird and Firefox![}:)][:0]

You just became my new best friend :)

gerryr

I use Thunderbird and Firefox on my computer at home and the only reason I don't use Open Office is that we bought a student version of MS Office for our son about 4 years ago and it said it could be installed on three computers. But, I may still download it and give it a try.

BigShed

I happen to think that Firefox is the best thing since sliced bread!

But each to his/her own, I say.

One of the add-ons for Firefox I use a bookmark synchronizer, Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer 2.0.45, a free download.

When I plug my notebook in to the home network, it automatically synchronises my bookmarks. So if I have logged on using the desktop it will pick up any new bookmarks, and likewise if I have saved any bookmarks on the notebook it will save those to the desktop.

Beaut little utility.

I also use NoScript, a real English(Australian) dictionary not the funny spelling handed down by MickeySoft and AllPeers.

Another real good plug-in is RealPlayer, play a YouTube video and if you want to save it to your computer it pops-up a video downloader.

Can't remember the last time I used IE.

toolcrazy

Originally posted by BigShed

I happen to think that Firefox is the best thing since sliced bread!

But each to his/her own, I say.

One of the add-ons for Firefox I use a bookmark synchronizer, Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer 2.0.45, a free download.

When I plug my notebook in to the home network, it automatically synchronises my bookmarks. So if I have logged on using the desktop it will pick up any new bookmarks, and likewise if I have saved any bookmarks on the notebook it will save those to the desktop.

Beaut little utility.

I also use NoScript, a real English(Australian) dictionary not the funny spelling handed down by MickeySoft and AllPeers.

Another real good plug-in is RealPlayer, play a YouTube video and if you want to save it to your computer it pops-up a video downloader.

Can't remember the last time I used IE.

I agree 100%, I've been using FireFox since I don't know when. I think just after it came out. Except for realplayer. Too many adds and extra crap, I will avoid it with a passion.

mdburn_em

Originally posted by gerryr

Gerry,

Mark,

Ooooo, would I like to be a mouse in the corner when you tell them you "upgraded" your productivity suite, made your computer safer AND faster.

Yeah, I bought 2007 from the college for about $9. I am forced to use it on the school's lab computers. I have refused to put it on my computer at home. Hate: probably not a strong enough word for how I feel about Office 2007. Once I graduate and get the final key, I will end up getting rid of it. Maybe a fundraiser for IAP.

IE6 Gerry? Wow. You must have some proprietary application that doesn't work when IE7 is installed. Maybe it will work with IE8.

gerryr

I got disgusted and just re-installed Firefox again. If they say I have to un-install it, they can have the job and find someone else.

Top Bottom