Fire Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Finial box made from Spalted Sycamore and Maple. Relief carved and airbrushed hot-rod style flames on the outside with the rest of the exterior covered with Black Gesso. Finial has some flame like airbrushing. Interior of the box is airbrushed yellow-red sunburst, interior of lid is airbrushed red. Finished with Wipe-on-Poly.

Attachments

• Fire Box 01.jpg
    Fire Box 01.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 196
  • Fire Bowl 01.jpg
    Fire Bowl 01.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Fire Lid 01.jpg
    Fire Lid 01.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 129
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

WOW:eek:. That looks great Eric. I wish that I had your talent and so many here that can turn round bowl type turnings. Great coloring I really like it and so does my wife. Keep it up.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks everyone!

Greg - Gesso is a super opaque chalk pigmented primer (Gesso is Italian for chalk). It generally comes in two forms, white and black. The white variety has for centuries been used to prime canvas before oil painting. Many of the old paintings you see in museums have a Gesso base coat. Traditional Gesso uses a rabbit skin glue, modern Gesso like I use is a clear acrylic with powdered black chalk. The stuff is incredibly dark and flat once dry. Putting poly over the Black Gesso makes it looks like black glass.

Top Bottom