Fire and Ice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kinggabby

kinggabby

A from a blank I picked up from WC called fire and ice. Wet sanded from 1500 - 4k every two jumps in grit I used Plastix. Then finished with 3 polishes with plastix. Sorry pictures not the best. I know I need a light box or whatever it is called but can't afford to buy or even make one at this time. So copy paper it was for my back ground and a desk lamp provided the lighting. As usual any and all comment welcomed ( good or bad ) thanks for looking.

Attachments

• a 003.jpg
    a 003.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 330
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Little confused.....you used Plastix polish in between sanding grits? Why?(Not being a smart-arse, just trying to figure out if I might be missing out on something truly unique here) Doesn't the plastix polish remove scratches...that the sanding made?

Great use of a 'wasp body' on this blank to bring out more of the texture in the blank.

Scott (teach me something new) B

witz1976

I too am confused, Plastix s is typically used to past 12k mm to remove the fine scratches plus adds a little wax to add to the shine. I would think by using plastix between sanding, would be a waste. But hey if it works for you, then I won't argue. Just curious.

Willee

A from a blank I picked up from WC called fire and ice. Wet sanded from 1500 - 4k every two jumps in grit I used Plastix. Then finished with 3 polishes with plastix. Sorry pictures not the best. I know I need a light box or whatever it is called but can't afford to buy or even make one at this time. So copy paper it was for my back ground and a desk lamp provided the lighting. As usual any and all comment welcomed ( good or bad ) thanks for looking.

Hard to see from the photo but it looks like the finish is not smooth.

I never sand plastic past 1000 before polishing.

220 - 600 - 1000 (till I get a nice even frosted look) - Triple E - polish (after examination)
The triple E will show any rough spots.
if the examination shows any defects I go back to 600 and start over.

To me it is a waste of time to use MM past 1000.

Top Bottom