Finish of Choice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

What is your finish of choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JBCustomPens

Hey everyone,

What is your finish of choice, or the finish you use best or most often?

If I forgot an option, please state otherwise. Thanks!

This poll will finally be able to say, ___% of turners use a ___ finish. If you want a say, vote!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Several difficulties.

Only ONE choice is allowed.

The question is "best or most often"
When time is an element, CA.
When I can take whatever amount of time I want, Lacquer.

The "best" finish is lacquer. "Most often" I use CA.

Pioneerpens

I've recently started doing the ca finish and am becoming more of a fan as i improve. Before that it was friction polish from CSUSA. I still use it sometimes. Best friction polished i've used.

JimB

I put Poly but only becuase more of my recent pens are finished that way. In the long term I probably do about half my pens with poly and the other half ca/blo. There are also finishes i haven't tried yet. I just started using lacquer on bowls (liquid, not spray) and will try that next.

Mac

I think that CA and CA/BLO should be listed as two different finishes!!!
They are as different as night and day ,well maybe not quite that much, but different. Maybe different as an orange and a lemon they are both citrus fruits.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Like Ed, it depends on the situation. CA if I am in a rush, and either Lacquer or Enduro if I have time.

JBCustomPens

I'm sorry for any confusion I may have caused. What I really meant is, what is your favorite finish, like if you could only have one, which would you choose for most of your pens. Sorry for any confusion on the matter again.:)

Chasper

85% of the 2000+ pens I make in a year are some type of resin, so finish isn't really needed. 10% are antler and I finish them with CA. Quite a lot of the resin pens are something like pine cones or coffee beans and they take CA to fill voids and finish. On the few wood pens that I make I have a preference for lacquer, so I'm voting for lacquer.

chriselle

85% of the 2000+ pens I make in a year are some type of resin, so finish isn't really needed. 10% are antler and I finish them with CA. Quite a lot of the resin pens are something like pine cones or coffee beans and they take CA to fill voids and finish. On the few wood pens that I make I have a preference for lacquer, so I'm voting for lacquer.

2000+.....:eek:....madman!!

Top Bottom