Finaly turning again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from clement

Status
Not open for further replies.

clement

Hi everybody,
After a few weeks of inactivity i'm now able to turn again. I was so enjoyed that i've turned 3 pens today.
They are all made with the Basic kit from Starbond Europe.
The one in acryl is my 1st attempt with this stuff, and i like to thank all of you who gives me nice tips to work this material :)

20061022145427_Black%20Palmira.jpg

Black Palmira

20061022145511_Kingwood.jpg

Kingwood

20061022145534_Acryl_blue.jpg

Acryl blue

Thanks for the feedback :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

I like the first one- it has a great pattern.

Is this kit similar to a slimline? They kind of look a little bigger/thicker than slimlines.

Glad you were able to get back to turning- I think I may actually start to get a little b@*$^y, when I'm not able to for awhile.

clement

Originally posted by DocStram
<br />By the way Clement, your website has some beautiful woodturnings. Wish it had English subtitles!
Thanks for the appreciation of my website. I promess that i'll take the time to translate it. The only problem is when ? [:I] It takes a lot of time, and honestly i prefer at this moment turning rather than updating my website [;)]
In a few months i'll be definitively stop my job, and then i will have time to do it [:)]
Have good turnings,

Skye

Look nice, you may want to use a standard slimline center bushing and underturn the blanks. Looks like the fit is off a hair because of the beads on the centerbands. Also, when your acrylic blanks are off by said hair, you can put a drop of thin CA on a paper towel, then dab it on the ends the barrel trimmer hit. It'll darken the blank so it's not obvious.

kruger

enfin quelqu'un du continent qui nous fait admirer sa qualité de travail[:D]

Ou commande tu tes mécanismes?
Peux tu me donner l'adresse du site.

Félicitations pour tes stylos, bien que je les trouve un peu épais pour écrire. Mais avant de juger il faut les essayer.
Vas tu a Besançon(25) france, au salon micropolis de tournage du 17 au 19/11/2006?

Bonne continuation et bons copeaux.
Ici c'est un site formidable.

clement

Originally posted by Skye
<br />Look nice, you may want to use a standard slimline center bushing and underturn the blanks. Looks like the fit is off a hair because of the beads on the centerbands. Also, when your acrylic blanks are off by said hair, you can put a drop of thin CA on a paper towel, then dab it on the ends the barrel trimmer hit. It'll darken the blank so it's not obvious.
Thanks for the tips Skye. If I understand, you mean that where the centerbands comes the wood is to tick [?]
Good tip for the acryl blanks.
nice turnings

clement

Originally posted by kruger
<br />enfin quelqu'un du continent qui nous fait admirer sa qualité de travail[:D]

Ou commande tu tes mécanismes?
Peux tu me donner l'adresse du site.

Félicitations pour tes stylos, bien que je les trouve un peu épais pour écrire. Mais avant de juger il faut les essayer.
Vas tu a Besançon(25) france, au salon micropolis de tournage du 17 au 19/11/2006?

Bonne continuation et bons copeaux.
Ici c'est un site formidable.

Bonjour Norbert,
Merci pour ton appréciation.
Pour répondre à tes questions ;
- les méchanismes viennent de chez Van houtte en Belgique. En France tu peux les obtenir chez Roman Scheidel
- je ne pense pas qu'ils soient trop épais, je les ai présentés au boulot, et les trois ont été vendus à des dames [;)]
- Non, je ne serais pas à Besançon. Pas possible de prendre congé en ce moment. mais la fin de carrière est proche alors qui sait l'année prochaine
J'aime bcp ton travail de segmentation même si personnellement je n'en suis pas fada [:D]
A+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom