Finally Switched

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fiferb

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiferb

After seeing everyone's very nice daily use pens I figured I should get rid of the slimline I've been using for over 2 years. I kept it myself because it is out of round and overturned. One I made just a couple of months after getting into this hobby. Here's a pic (enhanced to show grain):
20071014135851_Claro%20Walnut%20SL.jpg

Here's my new daily writer. Actually, my wife grabbed it and said she'd "loan" it to me until I make one for myself. :D

2007101414126_Stars%20and%20Stripes.jpg

Thanks for looking and comments are always appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

Peter, I don't have a problem with slim lines either. The one shown in the photo above is not a very good pen as stated in my initial write up. I've been wanting to upgrade to a nicer pen for quite some time.

Firefyter-emt

Nice pen, that's a major change for sure! Personaly, I like having a nice pen and would hate to carry a "reject" because I show my personal pen to people and don't want them to think that is a "norm" of my workmanship. My most carried pen is a cocobolo Jr. Statesman FP with Visconti brown ink.

fiferb

I like having a nice pen and would hate to carry a "reject" because I show my personal pen to people and don't want them to think that is a "norm" of my workmanship
Exactly why I was upgrading. This pen says "Look at what I can do!"

Since I retired I don't carry a pen much any more but if I did I would carry one of my best.
I'm retired too and don't carry a pen everyday either. This is also why I didn't go with a fountain pen. It would dry up between uses considering I would only use it about once a week. I didn't show the slimline to anyone as an example of my work. I will, however, pull this new pen out every chance I get.

Poppy

Wow Bruce! that pen is just shouting look at me. No wonder Sandra put her claim on it. You made a great choice of kits and did a outstanding job with it.

BTW your photo skills arent too shabby either.

fiferb

Bob, I'm pretty sure I got this from Wood 'N Whimsies and yes, it is 24k gold. When I was working as a manufacturing manager this pen was clipped in the opening of my polo type shirts and was against my skin most of the time.

RONB

Passed Away Jan 17, 2011
In Memoriam
Wow. Nice pen to carry. I like to switch out the pens I carry to "show off" my newest stuff at work[}:)]What can I say,it sells pens.Then you can buy more stuff to make more pens[:D]Then you can show off your newest stuff at work. See how this plays out?[:)][:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom