Finally got to try out the new beast

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from robersonjr

robersonjr

Promised Momma the first turnning would be for her. Had this piece of mertle Wood laying in the shop for a couple years and I knew it had a bowl inside of it somewhere, I just had to get rid of all the shavings that was covering it up. The new Powermatic is just awesome, it really is a beast.

Attachments

• New Bowl 011.jpg
    New Bowl 011.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 283
  • New Bowl 009.jpg
    New Bowl 009.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 303
  • New Bowl 002.jpg
    New Bowl 002.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 306
  • New Bowl 007.jpg
    New Bowl 007.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 295
  • New Bowl 006.jpg
    New Bowl 006.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 284
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

That's it???? You have a 24" swing over the bed, and all you got was a 14" bowl out of it....... I think you need to go BIGGER!!!!:wink: Put the mustard monster to work!!

Seriously though, nice bowl. I love working with myrtle. Great job, and congrats on the new toy!

robersonjr

Thanks All, I would go bigger, only in N. Nv wood is kinda hard to come by. I'll find that log sooner or later and put it on the big yellow bus. Robbie

Haynie

This is the first time we have seen shavings or dust in your shop. :)

Myrtle is some pretty wood and you did it justice.

robersonjr

Awe come on now, my shop gets messy every now and then. Only problem is that it is attached to my house so if I don't clean it up well all that sawdust gets tracked in. Now that isn't so bad as far as I am concerned.....but the little woman well she has a completly different point of view. Seems that she likes her house always clean and I like to eat and sleep in my own bed. So that is why I have to keep the floors swept up a little even though that dust collector does a pretty good job it still gets messy sometimes.

I am pleased with the outcome of that bowl, will have to make a different kind next. I think I am going to glue up lots of parts and pieces then make a bowl from that.
Thanks All. Robbie

robersonjr

She is 8 pounds, 10 months old and 400 pounds full of energy Her Name is Pippi and she never stops looking for things to chew even my wood scraps which Momma finds in the house and of course I get the blame, like I gave it to her. She really is a handfull of funny, keeps us entertained. She is my little shadow when I'm home and keeps my feet warm at night. Robbie

Awe come on now, my shop gets messy every now and then. Only problem is that it is attached to my house so if I don't clean it up well all that sawdust gets tracked in. Now that isn't so bad as far as I am concerned.....but the little woman well she has a completly different point of view. Seems that she likes her house always clean and I like to eat and sleep in my own bed. So that is why I have to keep the floors swept up a little even though that dust collector does a pretty good job it still gets messy sometimes.

I am pleased with the outcome of that bowl, will have to make a different kind next. I think I am going to glue up lots of parts and pieces then make a bowl from that.
Thanks All. Robbie

Your wife lets you eat in bed?? lucky guy. :biggrin::biggrin::smile-big:

If I ever get the wherewithall, I want one of those big yellow beasts... but afraid I'm stuck with my little 1442 for the next few years...

robersonjr

I could say something really good here but I'll keep it clean. Still enjoying the beast, just wish work didn't take up so much time. Robbie

Top Bottom